Monday 2 June 2008

Cam Will Do Anything To Get His Nancy

The OLIVER! Website has announced that 28-year -old agony aunt, former cruise ship and club singer Jodie Prenger or should I say 'the people's Nancy', will only be appearing in 4 shows a week!

In fact it did not matter if Jessie, Sam or Jodie had won on Saturday night, because even though Graham, Sir Cam, the Lord and the judges, kept going on about the pressures of 8 shows a week, this was never a possibility according to the official website. http://www.oliverthemusical.com/

"Sickness and holiday permitting, we have decided that the winning Nancy is scheduled to perform on Monday and Tuesday evenings, Wednesday matinees and Friday evenings. Until the show opens in December we cannot make a final decision on any additional performances."

There are few tickets left on Saturdays and Fridays for those who wish to see 'their Nancy' so hurry and book.

This information was changed when Rachel went out two weeks ago. She was offered the remaining four shows by Cameron Mackintosh and has since turned them down; but doesn't this turn this whole phone voting into a travesty again? We were lied to constantly, misled and our trust has been broken. I had wanted to get tickets for the show but now I shall not bother. I do not want to see an alternate Nancy unless it is Jessie. On Saturday night she sung for her life and deserved to win over Jodie IF she sang like that all the time. Oliver! was the first west end show I ever saw 28 years ago and it holds a special place in my heart. I suppose I shall get over my little strop and get tickets eventually, but right now I'm aggrieved and no doubt will be seriously out of pocket when I find out how much those tickets actually cost.

Jodie was consistency, had she been a size ten would Mackintosh be reacting the way he is? Or is it genuinely her lack of stage experience that worries him? Let's hope that by December she is a complete professional and will be starring in ALL EIGHT SHOWS. Personally I do not see the problem and would be happy to pay my squillion pounds to hear her sing As long as he needs me.

There was a reason why Rachel was voted in the bottom two for many weeks.......She's not the public choice.

Mackintosh get the message!

No comments: