Monday 2 June 2008

Presenter Fern Britton has admitted misleading the public over her brilliant weight loss.

This Morning presenter Fern has finally told all that is was not a steady diet and exercise which helped her to shed the pounds. But instead the News of the World has reported that it was a gastric band inserted in 2006 which allowed her to lose the weight. She took questions from This Morning viewers and said she wanted to keep this to herself yes BUT.......

Fabulous Fern, 50, dropped from a size 22 to a size 16, and in the past had told viewers that cycling and diet changes made the difference. Naughty naughty Fern! She is a role model to many women out there and when you reach a certain age it is hard to get rid of that excess weight.

In a statement to the paper, Ms Britton said:

"As I know, many people are interested in my weight loss over the past two years. "As interest is so high I'm making public, as a personal choice, that I had a gastric band operation two years ago. I did this purely for myself and I would not wish to influence others to do the same. But for me it has worked and I am very pleased with the results."

The newspaper initially said that she denied the claim through her agent. Apparently her agent did not even know she had the surgery and the newspaper contacted him and she knew she would have to come clean about this. But I don't know why she didn't say something in the first place? She's in the public eye and as I said she's a role model to many 'normal women'. Why not just be NORMAL?

Gastric band surgery works by constricting the stomach and lessening the amount of food that can be eaten. My problem is I cannot exercise because of my spinal condition therefore I have this flabby belly. Hubby loves the curves anyway and so even if I could afford this surgery it would not be the right choice for me but it works for many where other options do not.

I say good for Fern. Shame she was not honest though. The problem with Fern Britton is that she had previously said on TV and numerous magazine articles of how she had lost weight naturally and denied having and surgical assistance to help her lose the weight. It is true that she is one fit mama and has undertaken a a transformed exercise regime over the past couple of years. I recall how she cycled down the Nile - not literally ON IT but next to it! Haha.

She's currently on holiday with her four children and TV chef husband Phil Vickery and I'm sure he knows how to cook up a sensible eating regime......Then again, some of those meals on Ready Steady Cook have got so much cream and fat in them you put weight on just watching the show.

No comments: