Wednesday 11 June 2008

Osbourne-X FACTOR=No Judge+COLE=Judge

It has been announced that Girls Aloud member, Cheryl Cole will replace Sharon Osbourne as a judge on The X Factor.

There were a few names in the hat including Spice Girl Mel B and singer/TV host Charlotte Church, however Cheryl has won the coveted (?) job and will now be joining Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and Dannii Minogue on the judging panel.

Sharon Osbourne, 55, announced her decision to quit on Friday and yesterday (Monday) was interviewed on Radio One. She said of her decision to quit: “It’s just time to move on.“I love the show, I love everybody there, the producers, Simon (Cowell). But it’s just time to move on.”As I said in my last blog entry, she is tipped to be a contestant on BBC's Strictly Come Dancing.

Sharon went on to say: “I’ve heard that they’re asking certain people (to be the new judge).“I think they’re asking Cheryl (Cole) who I love. They’re asking Mel B.“It’ll be interesting, it’ll take the show to a different place, it’ll be probably even better than it has been if that’s possible.”Asked if there was one person she would prefer", she said: “I think Cheryl.” That's a big thumbs up from the out-going judge then to the incoming one.

Ms Osbourne denied that she asked for more money and was turned down.

But she admitted she was a “drama queen” and also said that “Yes, I was negotiating and I asked for a ridiculous amount of money and they offered me an obscene amount of money and it just doesn’t change the way I feel. I think I’ve done my best and that’s it.”Asked whether ridiculous was more than obscene or obscene more than ridiculous, she said: “It’s all ridiculous in this industry, we’re all bloody overpaid.“We all get paid too much that’s why we’re all drama queens. That’s why we’re all spoilt brats.”She said: “I loved it, it was the best four years of my life but I gotta do something else right now.”Osbourne said of Louis Walsh: “Lulu’s gonna stay. He just loves doing the show, he really does.“And I do, I love the show, I owe the show so much but it’s just time to move on.”She joked she would like to see Dannii Minogue in a shark tank, before adding: “No, no..”

For Cheryl , who is 24, it will be life on the other side of the fence so to speak as she originally came to fame and fortune by winning on Popstars: The Rivals, reality TV show. It "scary" to be joining the ITV1 show. Cheryl said but at least she knows what it is like for the contestants. This could bring a new dynamic to the show - who the heck knows and I have no idea what Simon Cowell is doing anymore - I think I am too old.

The Girls Aloud star said "I'm so excited to be part of such a great show and although it's scary joining a huge programme like The X Factor, it's a massive honour to be following in the footsteps of Sharon Osbourne.
"The rest of the girls have said they're right behind me, which is really important for me as it will be weird to be on the other side of the fence this time. So whilst we get started on the next album, it will be brilliant to be a judge on The X Factor."

No comments: